5 Benefits for You to Get Started on PinterestBy Carla McNeil
Pinterest has certainly caught my attention, how about you? I have 5 benefits for you to get started on Pinterest, ponder “What fits for you?”
I hear many people say that’s there just isn’t enough time in the day to build a consistent presence on all of these platforms. I couldn’t agree more, that’s why you need to understand the benefits of Pinterest so that you can make that informed decision about where to invest your time on a daily and/or weekly basis.
1) It is a very simple platform for building relationships and learning how to influence people. Sharing your likes allows people to get to know you and build the know, like and trust factor.
2) You can increase your reach by strategically following the movers and shakers in your niche. Find them, get to know them and create pins that will attract their attention.
3) It is easy to brand on Pinterest for bigger exposure. Take a look at what some of the big companies are doing, you can adapt their techniques to your own Pinterest boards. Check out the Starbucks example http://pinterest.com/starbucks/
4) Connecting other social media profiles with Pinterest. They have made it super simple, you can sign in with either Facebook or Twitter. You can also automatically post to either of the platforms. I love to share all my “pins” on Twitter.
5) You can encourage liking and commenting on your pins and boards! Find out what people’s interests are, then you can easily have people active on your boards. I love my dogs and on a very regular basis pin stories from the Animal Rescue Site. They are heart warming pet rescue stories and they are often re-pinned and commented on.