5 Reasons Video Makes Marketing Magic for YouBy
5 Reasons Video Makes Marketing Magic for You is because 100,000’s of people watch them, constantly.
Every year the numbers keep going up and up. More and more people are searching YouTube daily looking for solutions. AND they are looking for 1,000’s of different kinds of solutions. Personally I have watched 100’s of training videos on how complete only one specific little task. I have selected coaches, both personal and business, because of great videos they have posted. I have taught my family and friends how to find their solutions quickly and easily using video. Think about how many videos you have watched and the multitude of reasons you have done so. Now it’s time for you to be the solution someone is looking for.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 10,113 Youtube videos generated over 1 billion views.
Great Format To Educate and Share
Video makes it so easy to educate your peeps! With Facebook Live it can happen even easier. It’s a great way to create content to interact with your subscribers. My favourite tool for super quick videos that are under 5 minutes is Jing. Jing is the free offering from TechSmith, the creators of Camtasia. Often when someone asks me a social media question if the answer can be provided in a screenshare video I make one. In my case it is faster to make a quick video rather than type something out. The bonus is the video can be uploaded to YouTube and shared over and over again. Need some ideas for short, snappy videos to share;
- List of the benefits you provide (1 video per benefit)
- Definition of terms used in your niche/industry
- What makes you different from the competition (one difference per video)
- Reviews of products you would like to promote
Just this list alone could potentially be 20 – 40 videos for you. Even if you believe the video would only be 2 minutes, it’s still worth making and sharing.
Video Boosts Conversions and Sales
The stats no matter where you look all support the fact that video really does help you sell more of your products and services. So what do you actually have to do to make a video that converts?
- Smiling Face – that open, honest, smiling face can go along way to demonstrating you are a real person. A person who can add value.
- Entertain/Teach – if you are strictly entertaining you definitely want to keep it short. Unfortunately attention spans are not what they used to be. You definitely want to make your point as quickly as you can. There are 2 different types of teaching, a short how to video or a longer webinar type training video. Be sure to use each appropriately.
- More quickly builds sense of trust – it really is true, even if you don’t look your very best, perhaps you trip over a word or two, maybe you even um and ahh a bit, the smiling face/talking head can really have a huge impact. You are real! You are like them! Even you can make a mistake! AND look you still have success, even after all the “whoops”. 🙂
Video is helping your competition, why not you?
Head out there on your favourite browser and conduct a few searches for your competition. I’ll bet that the people who are doing really well are using video. These people are your competition, it’s best to get in the game with them. Start using video, or if you’re like me, I definitely need to “ramp it UP”! People access video for many reasons and from many places. Downloading videos to watch while on a plane is one of my favourite ways to pass the time on a long flight. What is your favourite reason for watching video?
A video conveys huge amounts of information in a short time.
When I think of how long it would take me to type out the procedure for a quick how to video vs making a screenshot video I cringe. It is much faster to make the video like in this example here of how to download a Facebook Live video.
If you would prefer to have written instructions, here ya go! 🙂 They took be double the time to type them out vs making the actual video.
- Go to the Facebook video you wish to download, be sure you have clicked on the individual video
- Copy the video URL and paste it into a new window (I do this just to have a window open with the original video in case something happens)
- Replace the www in the URL with m. EG: http://www.facebook.com/BIGLongUglyURL http://m.facebook.com/BIGLongUglyURL and hit enter
- This takes you to the FB mobile site, once there click on your video.
- While the video is playing if you are on a pc right click on the video screen and select “save video as” and select a location on your computer to save the video.
- I save mine in “Downloads”, once they have been uploaded to iTunes I delete them from my computer.
Bring More Interaction with your Audience
Did you know that 65% of people are visual learners? When we insert video and even images people remember better. People connect with us better when we put ourselves out there in video. We, as human being respond to faces, we do it right from birth. Put your face in a video, even if it just a still picture of you at the beginning of your video. Faces capture attention, build the whole “know, like and trust” factor and make other feel something. Emotion shows on our face and we people empathize with other people. Be brave make a video with your face on it! After doing the research for this blog post I know I certainly will do more.
Interested in a tool that will assist you in creating video, better video? Click Here