Marketing today must include social media … everyone knows that. But did you know that it could be better never to get started rather than do it wrong?
It was a super foreign concept to most business people, when we began talking about Social Media Marketing in 2009. Business owners, in many cases were reluctant to participate in sites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. We did videos and presentations, webinars, explaining the difference between outbound and inbound marketing. We attempted to clarify that while the general target was sales, it wasn’t as clear-cut as conventional advertising, and needed an extremely different strategy.
Check out this “cool” video from 2009…
I used to encourage business owners to “do it yourself”, but so many things have changed I now recommend that it be handled by a professional.
Through the years, several important changes have happened:
1. The typical consumer checks several online sources for the products they are interested in, and the expectation is that all the social platforms they check offer information that is great and adds to their ability to make an informed decision. Translated that means; how, when, what and where to post is now a complicated decision.
2. Google along with other search engines are now including social media posts within their internet search engine results, frequently delivering Twitter and Facebook posts before sites. This implies that key words are a vital portion of each and every social platform post.
3. When it comes to analytics it is important to know what’s working and what’s not so that you make best use of your time and money. Having someone onboard who understands social media can make the difference between a winning or losing campaign.
4. Individuals connecting with firms on Social Media websites anticipate quick replies when the post their questions and concerns. This means someone must be available to answer questions or refer them to the right individual within the organization. Most company owners don’t have the time or patience to check all their social media profiles throughout the day.
5. More Social platforms are now available. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, the top 3, have now been joined by Pinterest, Google Plus and Instagram. Each of these newer platforms has an interested and large following. Each has strategies and unique rules that should be followed in order to advertise on them successfully.
6. More individuals are active on media sites that are social.
7. Other websites along with Facebook have had to make judgements on what makes it into a member’s News Feed. Facebook recently announced that promotional posts might find a substantial drop in distribution. To put it differently, advertisements messages will not be seen by most people unless they are paid for by the organization. For business owners, who have been using their News Feeds as free marketing spaces, this is a major blow.
Finally, since images are a significant element of many of the social networking websites now, including Twitter, someone with a background in graphic design as well as the capability to optimize picture size and dimensions required by various social sites is increasingly important. Running a successful social media marketing software requires encounter, instruction and research – and a lot of time. Time that company owners have all too little of these days.
If your ready to throw in the “Do It Yourself” towel, let’s have a conversation. Click Here and organize a free strategy session with me, Carla McNeil. Together we can discover if Butterfly Networking is the right professional for your business.
I don’t know about you, but I invest a lot of time, money and energy looking for content for my Facebook Page. It definitely is one of the biggest time hogs when running a Facebook page. As engagement is absolutely necessary to maintain an active page finding, curating and posting great content is critical. However, who has time for it??!!
I have a great little short cut for you here today. I am going to walk you through the process of “How to put Facebook Posts Into an RSS Feed”. By implementing this strategy you’ll be able to quickly and easily review the latest posts on your favourite pages and share them on your own.
1) Find the pages where they post content that would be of interest to your fans.
2) get the Facebook ID using this webpage http://www.FindFacebookID.com
4) Using the newly discovered Facebook ID insert it into this URL
5) Set up your Feedly.com account
6) Insert the newly created URL, the one that includes the Facebook ID of the page you wish to monitor
7) Click the “Add Content” button and add to your listings.
If you still find this too much work let’s chat. We have a service where we will do this for you at a VERY reasonable investment. Set up a free strategy session now ==> http://www.AskCarla.ca
In January of this year I promised myself I would finally hit the 300th article published on my Ezine Articles account. I had gotten out of the habit of writing articles on a consistent basis and missed the traffic that they sent to my website. However I still never seemed to find the time to write on a regular basis once I “retired” from my job as a Human Resources Consultant for the Canadian Federal Government.
Prior to retiring I had been in the habit of sitting and writing for 15 minutes first thing each morning. Alas, life changes and sometimes those good habits disappear! However I knew the importance of the consistent publishing and it kept nagging me that I was so close but still hadn’t written that 300th article. For me the phrase “squeaky wheel gets the grease” applies as every once in a while the thought kept popping up “300th article? Where is it??”
For those of you who aren’t aware, Ezine Articles is the best online article directory. A website where you can post your articles for free.
Here is a quote from their website,
Q: Why should you submit your best quality original articles to EzineArticles.com?
A: You will get a chance to receive a massive increase in exposure and a boost in credibility. You will be able to include a short blurb about yourself, your business, and your website in your Resource Box (located directly below your article body) that delivers pre-qualified visitors back to your website
EzineArticles.com brings real-world experts and ezine publishers together.
Our searchable database of hundreds of thousands of quality original articles, posted by Expert Authors & Writers, allows email newsletter publishers who are hungry for fresh content to find articles to include in their next newsletter (up to 25 articles per year per our Publisher TOS).
I had been going through some big challenges and things just weren’t going well. So I decided I needed to get back in my comfort zone. I sat down and wrote the final three (3) articles in one day. Sometimes it is very good for our physical and mental health just to take a step back, take a deep breath and do something that you really know how to do well. AND that’s what I did.
Not only did I accomplish the goal of the 300th article but I also cleaned up my own head space. I had been getting down on myself because things weren’t going as quickly and as well as I had expected. By going back into my comfort zone I realized just how much I had accomplished in the past year. I remembered back when it was HARD to write articles, I didn’t know what I was doing and I hung onto the belief of my coach Jeff Herring. (he kept telling me I could do it!) I was also able to apply that same thinking to what I am doing now. One day I will sit back and remember what it took to accomplish my current goals.
I have also been working really hard on Facebook lately, they keep changing so much. My product Going Global With Facebook, a membership site to learn Facebook for business, just keeps growing. I can also remember back when I had no idea how to post a Facebook ad, now that too is easy.
In celebration of this achievement I have reduced the investment of my Going Global With Facebook membership , you can get it today for 50% off the regular price. Click Here to Get Started
What Is The Facebook Edgerank? Do You Really Need To Know? YES You Do!
EdgeRank is Facebook’s algorithm that controls what shows up in your News Feed.
Have you ever noticed that you haven’t seen the posts from a friend or a page that you really like? When you log in and take a look at the specific page or personal profile you discover you have missed lots of interesting news and information. Then wonder to yourself how on earth did I miss all of this? Edgerank is at work.
This algorithm can be understood as: the sum of Edges, each Edge is made up of Affinity, Weight, and Time Decay. This may sound complicated at first, but when you begin to understand the underlying concept, it’s actually a simple and effective algorithm.
Exactly how Edgerank works is Facebook’s secret. Just like Google they keep the specific information to themselves. The nitty gritty detail of how the algorithm works is known only by Facebook. You can check out how the Facebook Edgerank works on their help site.
Affinity Score – how connected are you to a person or page is the big factor here. For instance I am very connected to my niece, Facebook knows this because I post in her newsfeed, I tag her in posts and photos and I comment, like and share on a regular basis on her posts. I have also indicated that she is “family”. Affinity score is only one way. In this case with my niece Facebook knows that I care about her but not if she cares about me. However not only are they measuring and including what you do they also include what your friends and their friends do too.
Edge Weight - This is a value assigned by Facebook. As a general rule the tasks that take more time to complete tend to be given more weight. All of the different actions on Facebook are not created equal. When you comment on something that is worth more than simply clicking the “like” button. Just scrolling through your newsfeed and only viewing does not count toward the affinity score, you MUST interact.
Time Decay – This one is the easiest to understand. How long the post has been around, is it “old news”? This is why when you log in you see the most current posts of your friends and the pages you like. It is very important that you are posting on a regular basis on your Facebook page, if you need help figuring that out check out Going Global With Facebook.
Plus it appears that Facebook also makes adjustments based on how long it has been since you logged in AND how often you log in.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8675651